It has been quite some time since I have blogged. The truth was, I got a little frustrated with blogging and my WordPress app kept acting up. I honestly didn’t want to deal with it. I am beating myself up about it now, because all it needed was an update. 🤦🏻♀️
My website is also not perfect. I have these floating widgets on the top right of my site that directs you to the wrong ig page. 😑 super frustrating, and my web design skills that I took my Junior year of high school was long gone forgotten.
Well, with all that being said, if you have been following my journey, thank you. Thank you for sticking around. If you haven’t seen the trend of my blog so far then you will know that I struggle with my mental health issues, and since January, I have been seeing a therapist. Therapy has helped me resolved underlying issues that I’ve had as a young child and has also made me realized so much more about myself and how I don’t need to be ashamed to be in therapy.
Here are some helpful tips if you or someone you know is struggling with mental health and what a lot it can do to your mood by taking it day by day.
1. Visualize positive outcomes – for me, this is a must or I will shut down and think the worse. I need to have this as my go-to. Let’s seize the day with a positive outlook!
2. Turn anxiety into progress- Instead of self sabotaging, just take a step back, breathe
and do something that you can control. It’s not the progress you wanted, but it is progress.
3. Try something new – make time to try something new. This one is a struggle for me, but I’m going to give it my best to try something new at least twice a month, which I believe is absolutely reasonable! 😅
4. Reach out – Your loved ones are willing to hear you out. It’s always nice to talk to someone.
5. Practice positive self-tweeting- Give yourself more credit than you deserve. You are kind, beautiful, strong and worth it!
6. Immerse yourself in nature – taking a deep breath of fresh air can seriously change someone’s mood when feeling down, stress, angry or sad. Listen to the birds, observe Mother Nature at its finest.
That’s all I have for now. It truly is great to be back.